3D printer maintenance from 6/16-6/24
If you are interested in printing on the Ultimaker 2 3D Printer, please understand the following:
Procedures for 3D Printer: Public Use
- We expect you to have knowledge of 3D Printer Technology
We offer 3D Printer classes to the public, please inquire at one of the Desks
- We hope you understand that we cannot monitor your print job, if the job fails (which is a real possibility) all you can do is try again
- 3D Files must be saved as .stl files. Try TinkerCad or Thingiverse. Both are great places to design or find shared files to print
- Once you have an .stl file you must import it into Cura
- Cura is available on the public computers, or if you are saving file at home you can acquire Cura here.
- We expect you to come in with a file saved on an SD Card, or at the very least a flash drive which we will transfer to the SD Card
- You must limit your print jobs to less than 6 hours
- You must schedule your time on the printer, we have a printing calendar at the desk
- You must sign our waiver, if under 18 a parent/guardians signature is required
This is new technology to us, we are learning as we go, please be patient!
This project is made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Connecticut State Library.