Beginning Monday, June 1st, the Douglas Library of Hebron residents of Hebron and Amston will be able check-out books, movies, and other media from the library’s collection via curbside pick-up.
What does this mean?
It means that while the library building is closed to the public, library staff will check out most any item we have available on our shelves and place it outside of the building to be picked up by the requesting patron. Items can be picked up during the following hours:
- Monday – 12 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday – 12 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday – 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
If your items are not picked up after five business days, we will check them in and return them to the shelves.
How do I request an item?
Request an item by placing a hold via our online catalog or calling the main desk at (860) 228-9312. Staff will be in the building to answer the phones during pick-up times. Please make sure to leave a call-back number if you make a request made by voicemail. We will do our best to fill holds of available items within one business day, but please keep in mind that we are providing this service with minimal staff and wait times may be longer when demand is high.
What about all this stuff I still have checked out from March?
We welcome the return of past-due materials. Items can be returned in our book-drops by the main entrance. We do not charge late fees, so there will not be a penalty for bringing back anything late. Your account will eventually be blocked from using online resources if materials are more than 30 days overdue. Renewal requests can be made by phone or email.
- As materials will be stored outside, service may be temporarily suspended during inclement weather.
- This service is only available to residents of Hebron and Amston. We hope to expand service to all Connecticut library card holders in the future.
- Patrons need to have an active library card to use this service. If you have a card and it is expired, please email email@example.com or call (860) 228-9312 so we can update your account. If you need to apply for a library card, please fill out this form and then call or email us to complete your registration.
- Your loan period begins on the first day your item is available for pick-up. We understand that this will cause some confusion when it comes to items with shorter loan periods. New DVDs, for example, have a three day loan period and it is possible your item could be due before you are able to pick it up. In cases like these, please be courteous to your neighbors by viewing the item promptly and returning them in a timely manner.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 228-9312 with any questions you may have.